Live Streaming in
Webcast, podcast, online stream of the Janmotsav Aarti Darshan can be seen in the official Sri Dwarkadhish Jagad Mandir website
Note: In Dwarka, Janmashtami is celebrated on August 17th (Sunday).
Mathura - Live Schedule:
- 11.30 pm (night) IST - DD1 National Channel normally live telecast Janmashtami celebrations from Mathura
- DD Bharti will live telecast Abhishekam, Aarti of Lord Krishna in Mathura
- DD Gujarati will live telecast Mid Night Aarti of Sri Dwarkadhish, in Dwarka at 11.30 pm
http://www.iskconmumbai.com/live-view/ (Mumbai Temple)
http://www.iskconbangalore.org/live-darshan (Bangalore Temple)
- Dahi Handi utsav in Maharashtra can be seen in DD Sahyadri (Marathi)
- Sri Sankara TV in previous years had telecasted Janmashtami Celebration in Vrindavan. Live streaming of Sri Sankara TV can be seen in web tv website http://www.srisankaratv.net/web_tv.html
Sri Krishna took birth at midnight of Krishna paksha- Ashtami Tithi - Rohini Nakshatra in the Bhadra (August-September) month.
On Aug 17th 2014, Ashtami Tithi is there for the whole day (ends in the morning of Aug 18th). Rohini Nakshatra starts in the afternoon of Aug 18.
Ways of Celebration:
1) Mathura - Janmashtami is celebrated for about a month. All the Temples, Deities at Madhura will be decorated in same Colour. Colourful Cradles will flower ropes can be seen in Temples, Houses welcoming Lord Krishna
2) Dwarka: Krishnajanmahotsav at Jagad Mandir is celebrated in a grand manner. Lakhs of Devotees will be thronging temple to have Darshan of Midnight Aarti to Dwarkadhish
3) Vrindavan: Almost all the houses at Vrindavan are Temples, as Lord Krishna has visited those houses. Raasa Leela will be enacted.
4) Maharashtra: Pots will be hanged at many streets at 24 feet or above. Govinda Devotees will compete by forming human pyramid to break the pot. Winners are given lakhs of rupees as prize money. The event remembers Sri Krishna Leela at Gokulam stealing butter from pots hanged at ceiling of houses.
5) South India: Special Rangoli, Sri Krishna Footsteps will be drawn from entrance of house to Puja room signifying that Lord has entered their house. Kids in the house will dressed as Sri Krishna. In Karnataka, pot with fruits will hanged in front of Sri Krishna
Next Year Janmashtami:
In 2015, Sri Krishna Janmashtami is on September 5, 2015 (Saturday)
In 2016, Sri Krishna Janmashtami is on August 25, 2016 (Thursday)
Tags: Dwaraka, Madura, Madhura, Matura Timing - Seedha Prasaran - Ways to Watch - Timings - Start Time Sri Krishnajanmahotsav Jai Kaniya Lal Ki