Saturday, July 30, 2016

Kanchipuram, Kanyakumari Local Holiday on August 2-8-2016 - School College Closed in Kancheepuram, Kaniyamumari on Aug 2nd

Local Holiday has been declared in Kancheepuram, Kanyakumari Districts on August 2, 2016 (Tuesday)

Schools, Colleges, Government Offices will remain closed on August 2nd. 

- In Kanchipuram District, Thikazhukundram Sri Vedagirishwarar Temple -Laksha Deepotsavam Festival will be held on Aug 2nd

- Aug 2nd is Aadi Amavasai. To enable lakhs of devotees to participate in rituals, local holiday has been declared in Kanyakumari district.

- In both Kanyakumari and Kancheepuram Districts, August 2nd (Tuesday) will be working day, to compensate the Local Holiday declared

For more updates one can also see The Hindu, Dinamalar, Dinamani, Thanthi TV and other news media

Tags: Tomorrow Schools closed - Today Aug 2nd - Adi Kiruthigai - 16 Krithikai - Kiruthikai - today tomorrow vidumurai leave arasu Ulloor Ullur Uloor Ulur Indru Naalai Nalai

Thursday, July 28, 2016

13.5 Crore LED Bulbs Distributed Under UJALA Scheme by Modi Government

Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal informed Parliament that so far 13.50 Crore LED bulbs have been distributed to the people under UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LED Bulbs for All) Scheme

LED bulbs consume less power, has long life and don't dissipate heat. It helps save huge amount of electricity consumption. 

Union Government has manged to sell LED bulbs at very reasonable price of Rs 70 per bulb as against market price of around Rs. 350 per bulb. Each household is eleigible to get around 10 LED bulbs under this scheme.

LED Bulbs distributed State Wise as on 25 July, 2016 is listed below

1) Andhra Pradesh - 1.9 Crore Bulbs distributed
2) Maharashtra - 1.85 Crore Bulbs
3) Gujarat - 1.22 Crore 
4) Karanataka - 1.16 Crore
5) Rajasthan - 1.12 Cr 
6) Uttar Pradesh - 1.07 Cr
7) Delhi - 67 Lakhs Bulbs Distributed
8) Kerala - 77 Lakhs
9) Bihar - 35 Lakhs 
10) Haryana - 39 lakhs
11) Odisha - 35 Lakhs
12) Puducherry - 6 lakhs bulbs
13) Chhattisgarh - 33 lakhs
14) Madhya Pradesh - 39 lakhs
15) Himachal Pradesh - 63 lakhs

Note: Some states like Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Telangana, Punjab have not joined UJALA Scheme so far.

New AIIMS in Bhatinda, Punjab - Cost Rs. 925 Crores - with 750 Beds

Modi Government today approved setting up of new AIIMS Hospital at Bathinda in Punjab. The hospital will be constructed in 2 years time.

The cost of establishment of Bathinda AIIMS will be Rs. 925 crores. This does not include recurring costs like wages, maintenance of Hospital which will be given by Union Health Ministry

The new AIIMS will have Administration block, auditorium, AYUSH block, night shelter, hostel and residential facilities.

The Bathinda AIIMS will have total 750 beds which includes, Emergency, Ayush, Private, ICU Specialty, Super Speciality beds




Cabinet Increases Foreign Shareholding in Indian Stock Exchanges from 5% to 15%

Modi Cabinet today increased the Foreign Investment in Indian Stock Exchanges like BSE, NSE etc., from 5% to 15%

Now Foreign institutions like Stock Exchange, Depository, Banking Company, Insurance Company, Commodity Derivative Exchange can have upto 15% shares of Indian Stock Exchanges

Both BSE, NSE are planning for IPO i.e., the exchanges themselves are to get listed and traded in the market. The main source of income for exchanges is the fees they charge to members while they trade in them.

Trading members hold 49% shares in BSE. Remaining 51% is held by Foreign and Domestic Institutions. Singapore Stock Exchange and Deutsche Borse each have 5% share in BSE. They want to increase the share to 15%

Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced the Proposal in Budget 2016. Union Cabinet today approved that proposal

For more details see The Hindu, Economic Times, CNBC, Government website and other media

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

CBSE clarifies NEET-2 Question Paper was Not Leaked - Says NEET-II was conducted Fairly

CBSE has issued clarification that NEET-2 question paper was not leaked

Earlier in the day, Uttarakhand Police had seized some material from people involved in cheating

Police sent those material to CBSE for verification. 

CBSE clarified that the seized material did not match with NEET-II question paper

CBSE said it was an attempt by unscrupulous elements to cheat the candidates appearing for test

As per Press relaese, NEET-2 was conducted Fairly all across India including Srinagar.

Tags: Medical Exam Question Paper Leaked?